Sweet Chilli Chicken Chai Buns – Makes 6
400ml coconut milk
300g self-raising flour
1 heaped tbsp Drink Me Chai Spiced Chai Latte powder
1 tsp baking powder
A good pinch of salt
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
150g cooked, shredded chicken
1 tsp black sesame seeds
Cooking spray / spray oil
- Empty the can of coconut milk into a bowl, then fill the empty can with self-raising flour. Add the Drink Me Chai Spiced Latte Powder, baking powder and salt and mix well to for a sticky batter, adding a little water if necessary.
- In a bamboo steamer, lay 6 cupcake cases around the steamer and spray with oil.
- Spray an ice cream scoop with oil then scoop a tablespoon of dough into the cases. Create a hole in the middle and spoon in a teaspoon of sweet chilli chicken. Scoop another tablespoon of dough over the top and gently press around the edges to seal.
- Spray the top of the buns with oil and scatter with a few sesame seeds.
- Pop the bamboo steamer over a pan of simmering water and cook for 10-15 minutes until risen and fluffy.
- Serve with extra sweet chilli sauce.