Superblends are super for so many reasons, so we thought that today we’d experiment with them even more so and create the ultimate Neapolitan Ice Cream! Find the recipes for each of these delicious recipes below!
Turmeric Ice Cream
840ml coconut milk (full-fat)
25g fresh ginger
¼ cup maple syrup
A pinch of sea salt
3tsp Turmeric Superblend powder
1tsp vanilla extract
2tbsp olive oil
¼ cup chopped candied ginger
- The day or night before, place your ice cream churning bowl in the freezer to properly chill (see notes if you don’t have an ice cream maker). Also, add coconut milk, fresh ginger, maple syrup, sea salt, turmeric, cinnamon, pepper, and cardamom (optional) to a large saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer (not a boil), whisking to thoroughly combine ingredients. Then, remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Whisk once more to combine.
- Taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding in more turmeric for intense turmeric flavour, cinnamon for warmth, maple syrup for sweetness, or salt to balance the flavours.
- Transfer mixture (including the whole ginger slices) to a mixing bowl and let cool to room temperature. Then cover and chill in refrigerator overnight, or for at least 4-6 hours.
- The following day, use a spoon (or strainer) to remove the ginger. At this time, you can also add olive oil for extra creaminess by whisking in thoroughly to combine (optional).
- Add to ice cream maker and churn according to guides.
- While it’s churning, chop up your candied ginger (optional). In the last few minutes of churning, add in the ginger to incorporate.
- Once churned, transfer the ice cream to a large freezer-safe container (such as a parchment-lined loaf pan) and use a spoon to smooth the top.
- Cover securely and freeze for at least 4-6 hours or until firm. Set out for 10 minutes before serving to soften, and use a hot ice cream scoop (warmed in hot water) to ease scooping.
Beetroot Ice Cream
2tbsp Beetroot Superblend + 100ml milk
15g fresh ginger (juiced)
300ml heavy cream
finely grated zest from 1 lemon
2tbsp lemon juice
90g granulated sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine the beetroot powder, 100ml milk, cream, lemon zest & juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 2tbsp of milk.
- Heat the remaining milk, sugar & salt in a small saucepan until it comes almost to a boil & the sugar melts. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry & cook over low heat, stirring vigorously until mixture thickens. Remove from heat & mix with beetroot, cream mix. Stir until combined.
- Let mixture cool completely. Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap & store in a fridge until completely cold.
- Churn the ice cream in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer instructions.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer container. Smooth the top with a spatula, then loosely cover the surface of the ice cream with wax paper and freeze until almost solid.
Raw Cacao Ice Cream
50g Raw Cacao Superblend
80ml maple syrup
2 x 400ml cans of coconut cream
400ml can coconut milk
- Place the cacao, maple syrup, coconut cream & milk into a blender & blend until smooth.
- Add mixture to an ice cream maker & churn according to manufacturer instructions.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer container. Smooth top with a spatula, then loosely cover the surface of the ice cream with wax paper & freeze until almost solid.