Spiced Chai Festive Cookies (makes 24)
200g unsalted butter
200g caster sugar
1 medium egg, beaten
380g plain flour
2 tbsp Drink Me Chai Spiced Chai Latte powder
200g icing sugar
Water to bind
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then add in the egg and mix.
- Sift in the flour and Drink Me Chai Spiced Latte Powder and mix.
- If the batter needs a little water to come together add it by the teaspoon, you should end up with a slightly crumbly dough that forms a ball. Split the mixture in two, cover with cling wrap and allow to rest in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 150C fan / 170C.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. Flour your surface and using a rolling pin roll out to 1/2cm thick. With a cookie cutter, cut the dough and transfer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until lightly golden then remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Decorate with icing however you choose.