Potato & Turmeric Focaccia
1tsp fresh yeast or 1/2tsp fast-action dried yeast
4tbsp olive oil
450g strong white flour
3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
1tsp Turmeric Superblend
1 rosemary sprig, to serve
- In a large bowl dissolve the yeast in 350ml water & add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the flour & 1tsp salt & mix well with your hands to make a dough. Cover & leave in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Then turn your dough out into an oil tray (roughly 20 x 20cm).
- Using your finger tips, gently stretch the dough into a rectangle and then fold in half. Rotate the dough 90 degrees & repeat the process. Leaving to rest for 30 minutes.
- After resting, repeat step 4 twice more.
- Heat oven to 220C Fan.
- Gently stretch dough to fill your tray.
- Spread the potato slices over the dough. Mix the rest of the olive oil with the turmeric powder & brush over the potatoes. Sprinkle sea salt and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- When cooked, drizzle some more olive oil & scatter rosemary over the top of bread.