Chai Spiced French Toast with Plum Compote
4 plums, stoned and quartered
2 star anise
1 stick cinnamon
2 tbsp sugar
Juice of half a lemon
4 brioche slices
4 tbsp Drink me Chai Spiced Chai Latte powder
A knob of butter
Clotted cream for serving
- Place a small saucepan onto a medium heat and add the quartered plums, star anise, cinnamon stick, sugar and lemon juice. Stir and allow to bubble away for 5-8 minutes until syrupy then remove from the heat to cool slightly.
- Pop a frying pan onto a medium heat.
- Break the eggs into a shallow bowl and add the milk. Whisk until incorporated.
- Onto another plate scatter Drink me Chai Spiced Chai Latte powder.
- Press each piece of brioche onto the egg and milk mixture then press into the Drink me Chai Spiced Chai Latte powder.
- Add a knob of butter to the frying pan and fry for a couple of minutes on either side until golden brown.
- Serve the French toast stacked on top of each other with the plum compote and clotted cream spooned over the top.