Bake crumble separately to add crunch and to stop the consistency becoming soggy!
Chai Latte Crumble
50g Plain Flour
50g Porridge Oats (we used spelt for colour and flavour)
150g Light Muscovado Sugar
150g Walnuts/Flaked Almonds, roughly chopped
50g Sunflower Seeds
Handful of Raisins/Sultanas
100g Butter, softened
6 heaped tablespoons Drink me Chai Spiced Chai Latte powder
For the filling:
125g Caster Sugar
300g Strawberries, hulled and halved
1 Banana, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4
- Put the dry topping ingredients (flour, oats, sugar, seeds and Drink me Chai powder) in a mixing bowl and rub in the butter until it is evenly distributed and the mixture has formed small clumps with a granola like look.
- Spread the mixture evenly over a baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes (turning half way through for even baking), or until golden brown and crisp.
- Add the chopped nuts and raisins to your mixture.
- Place the chopped banana, raspberries, strawberries and cherries for the filling in a saucepan with the sugar.
- Bring to a simmer over a medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Spoon the fruit filling into a serving dish and pile on your pre-baked crumble topping.
- Enjoy with clotted cream.