Chai apple and plum skillet pie
1 tbsp unsalted butter
5 large cooking apples, cored and cut into slices
5 plums, stoned and cut into slices
2 tbsp Drink Me Chai Spiced Chai Latte Powder
1 vanilla pod, split in half
1 sheet ready rolled shortcrust pastry
1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In an ovenproof frying pan, fry the apples and plums in the butter over a medium heat. Add in the honey, water, Drink Me Chai Spiced Latte Powder and vanilla and turn down to a simmer. Cook for 7-10 minutes or until thick and sticky. Allow to cool fully.
- Cut strips of pastry and arrange over the pan in a lattice style, alternating under and over to create a woven effect. Decorate with leaf shaped pastry around the edge.
- Brush with egg yolk and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes before serving.