Raw Cacao Brownies
145g unsalted butter
250g caster sugar
80g Raw Cacao Superblend
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
65g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan & line a baking tray (25cm x 30cm) with baking paper.
- Add 150ml of water to a saucepan & heat until simmering. Mix butter, sugar, Raw Cacao Superblend & salt in a medium heat-safe bowl. Rest the bowl over simmering water (so that the bowl doesn’t touch the water).
- Stir the mixture occasionally until the butter has melted. Remove the bowl from heat & set aside for 3-5 minutes until lukewarm. Stir in the vanilla with a wooden spoon. Then add the eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly.
- When the batter looks shiny, add the flour & stir until fully incorporated. Spread evenly into the lined tray.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out almost clean when inserted into the mix. Leave to cool & cut into 16 slices.