Coconut chai traybake
100ml vegetable oil
300ml coconut milk
4 large eggs
2tsp vanilla extract
4tbsp Spiced Chai Latte powder
250g light brown soft sugar
75g desiccated coconut
250g self-raising flour
4tbsp ginger syrup
For topping: 3-4tbsp coconut milk, 140g icing sugar, 2 balls stem ginger, chopped pistachios & coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 160°C Fan & lightly grease a 20x30cm baking tin.
- Pour the coconut milk & oil into a jug, then crack in all the eggs and add the vanilla and whisk.
- Mix the sugar, flour, coconut and chai latte powder in a bowl. Pour in the wet ingredients & mix together to form a smooth batter and then pour into the tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake until clean. Leave to cool for 15 minutes in a tin, transfer to a wire rack and then drizzle over the ginger syrup. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the icing, mix the coconut milk with the icing sugar until smooth. Drizzle the icing over the cake in squiggles and then scatter with ginger, pistachios & coconut flakes.
- And enjoy!