60g ground almonds
120g icing sugar
2 large egg whites
35g caster sugar
1tsp Spiced Chai Latte powder
125g icing sugar
55g unsalted butter
2tbsp Spiced Chai Latte powder
- In a large bowl sift together the almonds, icing sugar & Chai Latte powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites & half the caster sugar, until nice & foamy. Add the remaining sugar & whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Add the dry ingredient mix onto the egg whites & fold carefully using a spatula being careful not to get rid of too many air-bubbles.
- Line a 20x30cm baking tray with greaseproof paper. Pour the mix into a piping bag & pipe the mixture into 3-5cm circles onto your lined tray.
- Set the tray aside to dry for 30 minutes up to 2 hours, until you can gently touch the tops of the shells & your finger comes off clean.
- Bake in your preheated 150°C Fan oven for 14 minutes, making sure to turn the tray around halfway through. Once baked allow to cool completely.
- Heat your milk & chai latte powder in a saucepan until combined and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter & icing sugar adding the chai latte mixture as needed to create a piping consistency (if you add too much chai latte, be sure to add more icing sugar)!
- Remove each shell from the baking paper & pair it with a similar sized one.
- Dollop the butter cream mixture around the bottom shell & add the top shell on top. YUM!