Beetroot Millionaire Shortbread
250g plain flour
100g caster sugar
200g unsalted butter, diced
1 tin condensed milk (397g)
2tbsp golden syrup
1tbsp caster sugar
90g unsalted butter
2tbsp Beetroot Superblend
For Chocolate Topping:
300g milk chocolate, melted
50g unsalted butter
50g white chocolate, melted
- Preheat your oven to 160°C Fan & lightly grease a 20x20cm baking tin.
- For the shortbread: sieve the flour & sugar into a large & rub the butter into the mix until it forms breadcrumbs. Spread the mixture evenly into the bottom of the tin, pressing the mix down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes & leave to cool completely in the tin.
- For the caramel: pour the condensed milk, golden syrup, sugar, butter & Beetroot Superblend into a saucepan. Heat gently until simmering & stir constantly, until thick & fudgy.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes & pour over the shortbread. Allow to cool completely.
- Heat the milk chocolate & butter in the microwave until melted & glossy. Once melted, pour over the shortbread & caramel.
- At the same time, melt the white chocolate & place into a piping bag. Pipe straight lines of white chocolate onto the milk chocolate & using a skewer, drag through the rows creating a feathered design.
- Leave in the fridge to set completely & cut into rectangles or squares.